For Precipitation and Notification

Friday, October 16, 2009

CNN: The VH1 of News?


As I walked through a nearby building a few moments ago, I happened to notice a (rather nice) flatscreen TV playing CNN. CNN, being a news channel, is meant to talk about important news, and contain, amongst other things, hard-hitting stories, in-depth analysis, and exclusive interviews.
CNN was most certainly living up to these tasks. The segment that was showing as I passed was entitled (and I kid you not) Black Women and their Relationship with Hair.
Finally! The journalistic integrity this country (and the world) needs. Why talk about war, the economy, or the Monsey Chicken Scandal? We can talk about Black Women and their hair!
Upon closer inspection, though, this segment could be considered racist and sexist. I truly hope that CNN will follow this up with other hard-hitting stories, like White Men and their Relationship with Fingernails, or Asian Hermaphrodites and their Relationships with Eyeballs. (By the way, if anyone reading this is an Asian hermaphrodite, or indeed a hermaphrodite in general, please accept my sincere condolences.)
Because of CNN's obvious contributions to televised journalisim, I would like to nominate them for the position of The VH1 of News. After such a groundbreaking story, I'm sure we can all agree they deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment